So I know that I haven’t been pregnant for a while now, but for consistency’s sake I wanted to still post my third trimester diary. I wrote this on my due date, Monday February 20th so don’t let the present tense confuse you!
I am doing everything I can to try and induce labor naturally, but they do say that first-time babies take time! It’s been very interesting – getting so big that I can hardly sleep. Being so swollen I only have one pair of shoes. Getting so exhausted that I’m napping the days away, but still finding time to be productive and get everything done before my maternity leave. I’m not in love with this time and really just can’t wait to meet my baby!
- I feel like this pregnancy will never ever end. I also feel like I have been pregnant for 5 years. Mike feels the same… the never ending pregnancy! I’m almost used to this and feel like I’m never going to meet this baby.
- At the same time I’m just really done with being pregnant and ready to move on to the next stage. I want to meet my daughter! Bring on the sleepless nights and whatever drama – just let me please leave this “whale” stage!
- Prepared. Not like “I will definitely be a great mom” prepared but I feel very ready for the next chapter. All the laundry is done, the nursery is set, and we have all our gear in place. Let’s go, little one!
- NOT feeling like a strong, independent woman who don’t need no man. On the contrary – right now I am physically weak and therefore totally dependent on my husband at every stage. It’s been challenging because I am so used to doing things on my own so having that freedom taken away really sucks.
- Uncomfortable in every way. It hurts when I sit for too long. It hurts when I stand too long. I need help getting out of bed. I have aches and pains and have no way of relieving them because I can’t stretch and I can’t take pain medication.
- I feel like a 90 year old woman because I have such severe limited mobility. When my husband comes home the poor guy sees the place is littered with all the various things I dropped throughout the day that I wasn’t able to pick up because I can’t bend over! I miss being able to cook and clean up after myself. I never thought I would miss housework!
- Nauseous. I’m actually more sick now than I was in my first trimester, but I will say that I am enjoying being able to actually be sick instead of hiding it from everyone! People obviously know I’m pregnant so it’s acceptable for me to constantly be in and out of the bathroom.
- In and out of sleepiness. I have some days where I’m my old self, able to tackle everything and work a full day. But the next day I usually can’t get out of bed. There is no in between. Sometimes this pregnancy is no biggie, and other times it kicks my ass.
- Huge. I’m an actual whale and not ashamed. First of all, I am so big that I can hear by bed actually sigh a sound of relief when I get up in the mornings! My couch cushions are noticeable softer and dented from where I sit. And then there’s my clothes: Nothing fits me. None of the maternity clothes I bought make any sense on me anymore. I have about 3 dresses I am rotating in between. One time I tried to squeeze into the maternity leggings that fit me at 5 months pregnant, and it made me throw up for the rest of the day. I was so hungry that I was eating my lunch, literally knowing it was about to come back up because I was so nauseous. But I was eating anyway. It was a new low for me, lol!
- Lots of heartburn and indigestion. How sexy, right?! I’ve said this a million times but Ill keep saying it: some women feel like a Goddess when they’re pregnant. I feel like a gremlin.
- Nothing too intense in terms of food lately. I eat what I want at this point because no matter what I do I will wake up in the middle of the night with my throat on fire, needing Tums. I can’t tell you how many Tums I have taken while half asleep!
- I am deficient in iron so I have been trying to eat lots of burgers and red meat.
Least Favorite Memories:
- Having to leave work early or come in late because I was nauseous or throwing up. Not a fun feeling being unable to fulfill your commitments due to your body betraying you at every turn.
- Attending our birthing class at the hospital during a snow storm. The drive home should have been 20 minutes but it was 2 hours.
- How much my feet hurt. They’re so swollen and I can’t do anything about it.
- How much my stretch marks hurt. I sometimes wake myself up in the middle of the night from scratching.
- My husband being a trooper and a real bad ass. I can’t wait to get my body back and never ask him for anything again!
- The Bump moving so so much! Seriously – this little one has a lot of dance moves. I can feel when she has the hiccups, or when she is feeling the beat. She’s so big now that when she changes positions it is very obvious – my belly looks like a huge tidal wave is moving inside!
They say the third trimester sucks and they are not kidding! While I’m grateful to have had a low risk pregnancy, this third trimester kicked my butt. I have not been wearing it well. I am so ready to be a mom and to get my body back. Alright little one – let’s get this show on the road!