Hey guys, remember that time on Monday I didn’t think I was ready to launch We Heart Branding and then on Thursday I did it anyway? I haven’t had a day off since October 25th and I don’t get one again until November 20th so I’m going a little bit crazy but I am determined to make it all work. A genuine thank you to everyone who has supported me through this. You are are wonderful people and I am so blessed to know you.
Quickly before we get into it all: don’t forget to download the FREE #WHBGoalGetter 6 page workbook. It’s full of actionable advice on how to tackle your biggest “leftover” goals for 2015! It’s free to download so gets yours and please let me know what you think!
AND don’t forget to enter the Instagram instax giveaway! I’ve teamed up with 9 other wonderful bloggers to get you an instax camera. Entering is easy. Good luck!
What I’m Reading:
- All the Pilates Teacher Training material. I got one step closer to becoming a pilates teacher, thanks in part to my training guide / anatomy coloring book. Check out a finished piece from that workbook: I call it “portrait of scapular stabilization.” #art
- Tips from my girl, Maria Coz of Femtrepreneur, about promoting your blog offline and in real life. If you, like me, are trying to launch your own blog or business, I highly suggest you check out her actionable advice.
- “Dark Places” by Gillian Flynn. I’m only a few chapters in, but it’s giving me chills like only Gillian Flynn can.
What I’m Listening To:
- Alessia Cara, whose voice has become a cure-all for my more stressful days. Sing it, you beautiful, insanely talented child.
- Justin Bieber. Yup. No shame here.
- “Magnets” by Disclosure featuring Lorde. LISTEN TO THIS SONG. DO IT. IT IS AMAZING.
What I’m Watching:
- More OC, this time surrounded by friends who are convinced that my high school experience in California was just like that.
- Interstellar, starring my back-up husband: Matt Damon. That stupid, beautiful face can make a bad day fade into memory- at least for as long as the movie lasts.
What I Did This Week:
- Celebrated the launch of my new site, We Heart Branding! You guys, I am so excited about this launch, I’ve been buzzing like a basic bitch who has had one too many lattes. I have always had a passion for working with small businesses to curate and maintain their online presence, and I am so excited to share my skills with more people and businesses who need them! Click to read more about what I do as a #SmallBusinessBestie, and be sure to stop by the new We Heart Branding Shop to pick up some FREE Printables, including my brand new WHB Goal Getter Workbook!
- Had a particularly hard, stressful day made better with a thoughtful bouquet of flowers from my fiancé (the delivery of which was ridiculous. See the behind the scenes on my Twitter).
- Gave my favorite local NYC beauty buys some love on the blog. Supporting local small business, smelling like a million dollars and finding a way to unwind after long, stressful days? Yes, please.
- Reached a new level of understanding with Phoenix the man cat. Namely: he is BORED by my love. I’m f*king broken hearted over here.
- Took a moment to reflect and write about focusing on my happiest place. In the midst of client meetings, seven day workweeks, pilates trainings, wedding planning and the highly-organized chaos that is my life, it was good to step back and remember what’s most important.
Where I’m Shopping This Weekend:
- My shopping mecca Home Goods is opening a new location in Glendale this weekend, and I am beyond excited. Hello, adorable home decor at reasonable prices! Why yes, I do want to buy sixteen more seasonal throw pillows!
- I love dressing up for holiday parties, but can’t afford to break the bank with expensive dress clothes right now. Luckily for me, Forever 21 has an awesome selection of cute holiday dresses that are almost all under $50!
So this weekend is my final weekend with Mat Pilates lecture hours. After this I’ll have my self practice and apprentice hours remaining, but group lectures and long weekends are OVER! Apparatus training starts in two weeks, so I’m going to make damn sure I enjoy every second of my time off. Here’s to the home stretch!